Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Preparations started, also trained a bit

A month later I might be able to write some sensible text, but I will not force it, so from this point on, the resposibility lies on you, dear reader :)
Since the day I received the announcement I've been pretty much training. Mostly trainer-rides and runs, but also some swimming. I'm now eagerly awaiting for the snow to come, the skis are awaiting in the shed to be abused hard :D Last winter I did a couple of really good 3-hour ski-trips (and ofcourse plenty of shorter-ones), and I really fell in love again to the classic-style CX-skiing. It is a really good way to keep your whole body in shape and get some fresh air and even real speed under your skin every once-in-a-while (assuming you have good steep hills nearby).
I am still in the belief that I will be the first Finn to ever participate Norseman, and I've tried to think if that could be something that would have even marketable value. This is still in really early stage, but some thoughts about what I could actually provide as a value for a sponsor I already have. That'll need some serious thinking though, and probably some analysis also through the Lean startup model for which I use Leanstack.
I have also started to activate my network. I have some contacts through which I could get some support on getting my training tweaked so that I'll actually be able to do the distance (and I mean distance in wider sense, both horizontal, vertical and mental level). I've also contacted the local cycling-clubs triathlon-team, and will be joining them ASAP as I can get my calendar fitting their training schedule.
And, if I'm bold enough, I also have a connection to the national cycling-triathlon magazine, so maybe that could also be a possibility here. However I still need to keep my feet on the ground and concentrate on the training and keep all the other stuff as add-on and not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment