Monday, December 9, 2013

Swimming for change

Yesterday was interesting. It was the first sunday after August that I did not have to wake up at 7:00 to go and run the "swim technique for adults" course at the local pool. This, however did not mean that I'd spend my day out of the local swimming hall. Quite the contrary, I had a meeting with a local triathlete team and gave them some tools on how to improve the technique, talked with them on how their cycling club and the swim-club I represent could co-operate more, went back home to fetch my daughter to her swim training session, and then ended up training in the pool for 1,5 hours (without lunch = last kick session got halved). A nice day, but tiring.
For starting your swim-training, I can really recommend Sheila Taormina's training pack, the one with water-resistant "pages". It akes the thinking away from the preparations for the training, just jump in the pool and follow Sheila's pre-set sets. And trust me, those training sets are enough :)
Lets see if I'm ready for some trainer-ride today even if yesterday was a bit taxing...

No comments:

Post a Comment