Sunday, October 28, 2012

No plans, just run & ride

Ok, the subject pretty much describes what's happened after my previous post a week ago. As last weekend went by without any training, I had so bad conscious that I might have a bit overdone it this week. I had two trainer -spin sessions, on Monday and on Friday which totaled to ~80 minutes. Additionally to this, I also did two runs, on Wednesday and  yesterday totaling 100 minutes. As I compare this week's total time to last week's, it can easily be seen that my training appears to naturally follow the main principle of only adding 10 - 15% more training load per week (to keep out of injuries etc.). Only with a small tweak of adding one zero in the back of that 10 % -figure ;).
So, looking at the totals, time-wise I've added 100% to my previous week's training load. Ok, some of it comes from the fact that I decided to also record my yoga warm-ups and the stretching sessions, but still, even if those are taken away, its 65% addition. Looking at this now, it feels really idiotic.
But, on the other hand, maybe it had to be done. AS I also mentioned earlier, I seem to derive my motivation   to train more from bad conscious of not doing training earlier than actually aiming at something like "higher fitness" or...  ...or even the Norseman. This is something I need to change.
I also realized last week, that the kinds of "I've-not-run-for-one-week-now-so-I-have-to-do-this-session-with-4:30min/km-average" -trainings play a big part in this non-structural training of mine. It seems that whenever I put the running shoes on, I have a mission to demolish my previous average (or whatever). And that's not the way to go.
So, my thoughts of being the type of trainer like Óscar Freire are apparently not based on real-life but some wierd self-image. Just to explain what I mean, Óscar mentioned at some interview that I read in the procycling-magazine himself being a type of unstructured trainer that listens to his body and decides based on the feelings he notices what he's going to train (or not train) that day. With me, it goes more on the not-listening even if should -side, so maybe a structured plan could work better for me...
But anyway. As I now have some real results from the training (ischias -type pain in the low backside), I'll probably try to put up some plan next week. Maybe that'll actually provide me with an option to just go do (run/bike/swim) what I'm supposed to according the plan and not try to prove that I'm in the same level of fitness that I was four years ago. Because I'm not. And because I need to get there and past... oh, here I go again... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment