Saturday, October 20, 2012

First steady steps into the... ...candy-shelf?

Ok, so its Saturday already. Quite a busy week at work I have to say, but still managed to get some training there also. Some fast morning runs on Monday and Wednesday, and an easy-one on Friday. Did also some core-power work on Tuesday. And the traditional 5 Sun Salutation B's every morning :).
So, I guess this looks like the start has actually happened (for the training). However, today I realized my left Achilles-tendon is quite sore, so I'll have to consider doing some cycling/ trainer work instead of the running.
Presently it seems like my body has grown slower in reacting to the training. I mean, usually you could see the results of your extra calorie consumption already after one or two weeks after starting training, but presently I'm in the week four (or five, depending on how you calculate), and the only effect the training has had is the heightened urge for anything and everything unhealthy. A good example for this was yesterday (friday), when, for the first time in almost a year, I could not go past the candy-shelf without grabbing all sorts of sweets & chocolate to the cart. And this happened even if, in the morning, I had made the mistake of  stepping onto the scale (as an old scale-abuser, this was of course after the run and before breakfast ;)). I say mistake, because the scale showed the real numbers to my face. 5 kg gain after July :(
And still I had the balls to confiscate really unnecessary energy from the candy-shelf. Aaaargh!!!
Presently, looking at my sugar-swollen belly, I'm planning on a bike-ride today or tomorrow to, if nothing else, satisfy my self-conscious and the coach-in-the-head. I guess this is how it is for me now, the motivation to train nowadays comes more from the bad conscious of my earlier endavours than from any actual training plan or target.
But shortly returning to the coach-in-the-head mentioned earlier, his nagging about creating a real plan instead of just going out and doing what seems to be fun at that point has started to bother me a bit. Well not that much that I'd actually dig the training-bibles etc. from the bookshelves and started creating a plan, but still. I know that at some point in the near future I actually need to put up a plan also, but presently I'm in the denial-mode still on that front.
Let's see how this is going to work, and how long it's going to take for me to actually put the effort and create the plan (as it's not like I wouldn't be able to do the plan as I've done it several times earlier and also succeeded in carrying it out at those times). I don't know why that is so hard presently, let's see if I find out the reason later...

No comments:

Post a Comment